Macildowie are delighted to be working with a great organisation based in Coventry, as they look to recruit an experienced IT Procurement Manager. You will be joining a busy Procurement division, and will report directly to the Head of Procurement.
Essentially the the purpose of this role is to support the end to end supply chain activities across all IT categories for the whole of the organisation, to include effective procurement strategies, cost effectiveness and robust supplier contracts.
* Delivery of category management procurement expertise and assistance to the organisations IT function for all their procurement needs.
* Ensuring value for money is delivered (savings & cost avoidance) whilst demonstrating full compliance in all 3rd party IT contracts through analysis, planning, negotiation and adherence to company procurement and contracting policies.
* Proactive management of all IT contracts ensuring suppliers are on fit for purpose contract terms in line with Legal requirements.
* Undertaking competitive tendering and negotiation for complex IT projects to demonstrate value for money.
* Benchmarking and negotiation of existing 3rd party supply contracts. Ensuring optimum market pricing is achieved, offering solutions where switching to more cost effective providers are required and appropriate.
* Support IT function with annual budget reporting, building strong stakeholder relationships.
* Define, train and implement new processes enforcing best practice procurement
* Ability to manage complex stakeholder matrix
* Supplier relationship management - create governance, monitor and report performance, improve contracts where appropriate
* Provide accurate and timely reporting to IT senior management and Head of Procurement & SRM as well as advice on procurement strategy aligned to the overall IT strategy.
* Development of Sourcing strategies and supply mapping.
* Supporting the Procurement function in its top level strategic development plan.
* Coach, guide and mentor other functions regarding best practice procurement
* Support of source to pay system
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
* Solid experience in IT Procurement.
* Proven track record in negotiating contracts up to £5m annual value.
* Experience of complex, multi supplier environment covering all IT subcategories.
* Experience of dealing with channel partners and resellers.
* An expert in category management, development of tools and techniques, including development of Sourcing strategies and implementation.
* Experience of tender procurement practice and processes
* An expert of specification development and implementation of relevant forms of contract and a wide and varied commercial knowledge.
* Strong negotiator and ability to develop relevant negotiation strategies.
* Ability to articulate a vision, strategic thinker and also able to deliver and implementation strategies.
* Strong analytical skills with a measured approach to decision making
* Highly competent in supplier selection and evaluation.
* Able to work effectively as part of a team and proficient in leading small teams.
* Demonstrates sound skills in project management and planning
* Focused on cost reduction and efficiency improvements
* Able to operate under pressure and to meet tight and demanding deadlines
* Experienced in leading and delivering change.
* Problem solving skills, especially the ability to develop new efficient tool box solutions.
* Strong report writing and presentations
* Ideally MCIPS Qualified
This will be a day rate Ltd company assignment and rate will be dependant on experience
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.