Macildowie are working in partnership with this recognisable Bedfordshire brand to recruit and Junior Commercial Accountant on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to take their first steps into Commercial Finance or make the step-up from a transactional role.
Key Responsibilities - Financial;
* Month end accounting entries
* Posting monthly entries to the company reporting system
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Logging of invoices and debit notes against accruals
* Calculate accruals required for customer expenditure
Key Responsibilities - Commercial;
* Provide reports to commercial team relating to customer and business profitability
* Provide commercial team with analytical review of financial performance
* Regular liaison with sales teams relating to budget and forecast
* Assisting with the identification of business weaknesses and working to create more cost and time efficient processes.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a degree educated individual with maybe 12-18 months experience in a junior finance role. You will be a structured and organised individual with the desire to undertake a recognised accountancy qualification for which full study support will be provided. In the absence of a degree level education, candidates who have undertaken their AAT and are looking to progress on to CIMA/ACCA via that route are also encouraged to apply providing they can demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Management Accounting and a month-end routine.
This particular business has a strong culture of promoting and developing their staff. Candidates applying for this role would be encouraged to think beyond the above mentioned responsibilities and think of this role as a career choice not just their next job.
Please get in touch with Ollie on 07751091529 to find out more
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.