Key Account Manager Beverage and Distilling (Remote) / £50,000 - £65,000 / Company Car / Permanent
Are you an experience Key Account Manager from a beers and spirits background?
Do you have a consultative approach to selling services?
The Company You Could Join:
Our client is a growing company, looking to add to its growing sales team.
There is currently a small team of enthusiastic sales professionals who enjoy a varied workload in a service lead company.
The purpose of this role is to lead relationship development in key accounts and support in the generation of increased revenue within new and existing clients with high growth potential.
You will be responsible for winning new business and deepening connections with existing clients as well as securing opportunities and developing relationships with new accounts acquired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead account management activities for key clients, including coordination of responses to new and existing opportunities across the business
- Ensure transfer of knowledge across teams to ensure both commercial and technical needs of clients are understood
- The ability to communicate engagingly with excellence to internal and external stakeholders.
- Build service relationships with clients through a variety of channels
- A natural 'sharer' and persuasive communicator who will keep the sales team and relevant wider field of colleagues informed of progress with clients
- Strong commercial mindset - identify and realise opportunities to for revenue generation and account deepening through cross-selling of services
- Able to assess value of services and set and negotiate prices based on value to the client
- Able to balance longer term objectives and deliver against shorter term deadlines with variable notice periods
- Support the Sales and Account Management Lead in delivering revenue growth
- Ensure quality of services and client journey.
- Work as a team member cross-functionally, especially within Sales with Marketing and with the Membership team as well as the broader organisation to provide a resilient service to our clients.
- Work within ISO standards to maintain records and proficiency's accordingly.
- Must be able to exert influence in an extensive matrix network
- Post-holder may be called upon to deputise for Head of Sales & Account Management when required
- Commercial mindset able to target opportunities, clients and accounts assess whether a request or a proposal makes financial sense and able to understand the profitability of different services
- Ability to assess service requirement and set price based on value to the client
- Accountable for own work and realises the implications of errors on the business
- Work as a team member within the organisation to provide an excellent experience to our clients
- Take direction and supervision from the Sales and Account Management Lead and occasionally the Marketing & Sales Director, but working with general autonomy for a significant proportion of the time.
- Contribute to corporate activities outside of departmental activities
- Values driven and ethical, able to achieve high levels of performance through collaboration
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experience of at least 3 years managing key accounts with a beers and spirits background, ideally selling services into beers and spirits
- Knowledge of the challenges brewers face and how certain services would be able to assist them further
- Able to use a consultative approach to selling into food and retail industries
- A results orientated, self-starter with a commercial mindset who is able to prioritise activities in order to achieve targeted revenue growth
- An excellent communicator and influencer with strong negotiating skills
- Proven track record of leading and developing high value relationships that deliver year on year revenue growth within own client portfolio
- Strategic account management experience; 10+ years, ideally in a consultative, science/research or technical environment
- Experience and knowledge of the food and drink sector having worked at senior management level within food and drink industry clients
- A natural team player capable of performing to a high standard in a collegiate management structure
- Degree in science or technology or equivalent professional experience
- Experience or understanding of analytical, science and technology as applied to the food industry would also be an advantage
- Full, clean driving license
- Experience of CRM systems and a willingness to support their use internally with comprehensive recording of all client activities.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.