Legal Cashier / Law Firm / Nottinghamshire / Nottingham
Macildowie are recruiting an experienced Legal Cashier for a well established solicitors firm based in Nottingham on a permanent basis.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily Bank Reconciliations of all Deputyship Accounts, Client and Office Accounts Processing Cheques and Internet Banking Payments and Receipts
- Processing Direct Debits and Standing Orders Posting Supplier Invoices
- Paying Suppliers
- Posting Nominal Journal Entries
- Obtaining authorities for CHAPS & BACS payments.
- Producing Daily Activity Reports and Posting Not Yet Paid Memo Disbursements.
- Assisting the Office/Accounts Manager and Deputy as and when required.
- Assisting with the Digital Monthly Payroll and Quarter VAT Returns
- Producing Monthly Financial Reports
- Handling Petty Cash
- Weekly Stock Checks
- Monthly Emergency Lighting Tests
- Submitting Legal Aid Costs and Disbursements Claims
- Processing Legal Aid Payments on Account Received
- General Administrative Duties
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Previous experience in a Legal Cashier position with knowledge of Solicitors Account Rule is essential
- Confident using MS Office and will be accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- The successful candidate must be well organised, able to show initiative, capable of working under pressure when necessary, have excellent communication skills, be a real team player and have a flexible and professional approach with a willingness to contribute to the team as a whole.
- You must be enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the drive to deliver a quality service to both internal and external customers.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.