FINANCE MANAGER LOGISTICS
Macildowie are proud to be working with one of the UK's largest retailers, in partnership to recruit within their Finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Logistics Finance team based in Pontefract, Yorkshire where you will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of the division by supporting it's worldwide logistics operation.
As the Logistics Finance Manager you will manage a team of four Qualified and Part Qualified Analysts and Accountants. Key areas of focus in the team are KPI reporting, management accounting, budgeting and forecasting and the requirement to communicate both successes and challenges to the Senior Management team.
The Logistics operation is a crucial part of the business and the Finance team have a worldwide responsibility to support the management team to run a cost effective and efficient operation.
* Are you looking for a role where you can support and influence strategic planning whilst delivering key management information for wider decision making?
* You will play a key part in developing the operational strategy through the provision of detailed financial information in support of investment appraisals and key business defining decisions.
* There will be plenty of projects to support and provide finance insight to. These could include reviewing the costing of manufacturing home products, analysing spend on the warehouse and ensuring there is effective and efficient use of resources on machinery, labour and fleet.
* Once you understand the key cost drivers, you and your team will be required to report weekly and periodic performance indicators to support operational cost control.
* Further responsibilities include managing the production of periodic management accounts and taking ownership of the logistics budget and forecast process.
* Whilst being extremely hands on, you will be leading by example to manage and develop a high performing team through conducting regular 121's and developing capability within the team.
* This role will allow someone to add their unique mark over time by improving key processes, delivering best practice, building strong working relationships and ensuring the reporting and insights are of high standard to allow stakeholders to utilise the information more effectively.
IS THIS A TAILORED FIT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
Being one of Britain's biggest retailers, with a rapidly growing online business means the behind-the-scenes operation has to be efficient, fast and very, very big.
It's all about getting the right product to the right place in the most efficient way, and whether you're working in Logistics, Technology, Systems Software that keeps the warehouse flowing, or in this case Financeâ€¦you'll be doing a busy, important and rewarding job.
That's why, as well as looking for great skills and impressive experience, our client want people with energy, a positive attitude and a real commitment to helping exceed the expectations of customers all over the world. Is this environment the right fit for you?
* Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with experience in a commercially facing finance role.
* You will have experience of managing a similar size team including driving a positive working environment and performance.
* You will be confident producing reports and presenting to the Leadership team to drive business strategy and projects.
* You will have previous experience initiating, scoping and implementing new projects and be confident taking the initiative to make decisions.
* Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself and others.
* Excellent attention to detail and proactive approach to improve processes and procedures.
* Decisive mentality with excellent communication and influencing skills is essential.
As part of the team you'll be given the encouragement and support to develop. They are a growing team and that's great news for your career. They provide a clear career path to progress and succeed. Along with the scope to develop new skills and a satisfying career they recognise and reward you with a range of generous benefits.
Our client believes in investing in the best, whether that's their technology or their people. So, along with a salary that's competitive, they offer the following benefits for this role: Company Car / Car Allowance, Bonus Scheme, Pension Scheme, Share Save Scheme, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers and Staff Discount
INTERESTED? APPLY TODAY!
If you have read this far then you must be interested in this opportunity. If you are keen to apply, then you can initially send your details to us directly. (Contact information is below). We will then be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
We look forward to hearing from you. Should you be interested in referring someone across for this role then get in touch and ask us about our Referral Incentive Scheme.
Nav Rattan - 07917 507077 -
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.