My client is a leading provider of temporary scaffolding and building solutions. Based in Burton-On-Trent, they have become one of the market leaders within their sector. They have undergone rapid expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a dynamic Logistics Manager to add to their growing team.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all instructions and direction issued by the Operations Delivery Manager.
- Manage the receipt, issue and movement of all stock from site in conjunction with the Yard and Logistics Supervisor.
- Managing the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the ordering of all project specific parts.
- Control and monitor the issuing of correct equipment to all staff.
- Appraisal, development and training of all yard staff.
- Monitor and report on all shortages or missing stock on sites.
- Following up with an investigation via the KPI process to continually improve preventative actions.
- Manage the 100% Annual Stock Take and all other monthly audits and spot checks.
- Maintain and manage the parts, prices and technical information databases.
- Technical advice to commercial department and sub-contractors as required.
- Monitor performance levels for all yard personnel against achievement of annual targets.
- Cover the duties of the Operations Delivery Manager and Yard Co-ordinator during periods of absence.
- Maintain records and inspection sheets for all fire alarms, extinguishers and emergency lighting.
- Ensure the yard is always operational, safe and compliant to H&S requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of health and safety practices.
The Successful Candidate:
- IOSH and/or NEBOSH is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of Logistics and Distribution.
- Ideally has experience within construction and logistics.
- IT Literate, including MS Office and PDF.
- Confident, professional and flexible with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate coherently and handle high levels of pressure.
- Valid Driving License.
- Forklift Truck License.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.