Macildowie are currently recruiting for an experienced Logistics Project Manager to join them on a fixed term contract to assist our client until the end of the year. The Logistics Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, fitout and operational setup of a brand new site in the Northamptonshire area. Within the project the successful candidate will be responsible coordinating a number of contractors and getting the site up and running by October 2017. Due to the nature of the project, you will be immediately available and able to start as soon as possible.
The role is available on either a part time or full time basis on either a Fixed Term Contract or with a day rate of up to £230.
- You will have the responsibility of coordinating all elements of the project to ensure it is delivered on schedule to the highest possible standard
- Working closely with the director within the business to ensure the project is running to agreed timescales.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of the new warehouse and transport operations
- Building strong relationships with external stakeholders to ensure the warehouse meet the specifications required with different departments.
- You will be responsible for all of the project administration, ensuring everything is documented.
- Full responsibility for writing all of the standard operating procedures for both the Transport and Warehouse departments.
- You will create all of the health and safety guidelines for the site.
- Draw up reports on the progress and present to the Project Executive Steering Committee as required.
- Sourcing suppliers and negotiating on prices for all equipment and services needed on site, this will include both fitout related activity such as M&E and ongoing operational contracts from MHE to cleaning contracts.
- Working closely with the IT contractors in the implementation of a brand new WMS system. Actively participating in the blueprint, testing and training elements of the workstream
- Provide project coordination support to other business projects as required
- Proven experience of opening building new distribution centres within the UK is essential.
- You will be very organised and have the ability to juggle a number of project workstreams at one time.
- Strong understanding of both warehouse and transport operations, preferably with an operational background
- It is essential that you are Prince 2, or equivalent, qualified.
- You will be able to hit the ground running and work on your own initiative.
- You must be able to travel within the East Midlands especially between Peterborough and Northampton.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.