Management Accountant - Logistics - Stoke on Trent - £35,000 - £40,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Logistics Business, based in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Recruiting for a Management Accountant, this role within the team will report to the Financial Controller and assist with production of monthly financial statements and offer support and advice to the wider finance team.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Supervising and co-ordinating the Accounts Team
- Distribution of Daily Sales
- Treasury: Process the deposit transfer and send confirmation of Balances to Patterson monitoring our cash position (Cash flow forecast)
- Monitoring the performance of the accounts office KPI's
- Compliance: Assist our External Auditors with both support documentation and procedure documentation ensuring that SOX processes are followed
- Preparing Financial Statements, including profit & loss account, variance analysis and commentaries
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Providing a support service to departmental managers, assisting them with budgetary control and financial decisions
- Control of the fixed asset register, ensuring it is completed accurately, and depreciation is recorded in a timely manner
- Submission of National Statistics Data & Intrastat
- Supporting the Budget & Forecast processes
- To undertake and ad hoc duties appropriate to the position
What are you like?
- Good interpersonal communication skills, such as written, oral and persuasive communication abilities.
- Characteristics of thoroughness, self-motivation, persistence, resilience and dedication to deadlines.
- Good maths and computer skills especially MS Excel
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Honesty and discretion
- Ideally experience working in a large business
CIMA/ACCA Part Qualified as a minimum
Package - £30,000 - £35,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.