The permanent division of the Bedford branch of Macildowie are working with a market leading company to recruit for an Assistant Management Accountant based in Bedford.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be paid a salary of between £35,000 and £38,000 dependant upon experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant will be as follows, but not limited to:
- Preparation of full statutory accounts in accordance with FRS102 principles.
- Production of full management accounts.
- Completion of pre-payments and accruals.
- Preparation, production and posting of journals.
- Assistance with tax returns - CT600.
- Any other adhoc duties as requested by the Financial Accountant.
- Preparation and examination of financial records and accounting statements for the various businesses;
- Help to develop potential improvements for accounting and financial record-keeping and help businesses to implement them;
- Attend internal business meetings;
- Present findings or suggestions both in writing and verbally;
- Understand and adhere to all accounting and tax compliance;
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax reporting compliance
- Prepare underlying financial information for the purposes of the accounts.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in producing full sets of year end statutory accounts is essential.
- Drive and enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- Inquisitive nature, asks questions as to why something might be the way it is.
- Excellent level of Excel skills.
- Must want to continue with studies.
- Experience within a practice background would be advantageous (but not essential).
Salary and Benefits:
The Assistant Management Accountant will be based in Bedford, will be paid a salary of between £35,000 and £38,000 dependant upon experience.
The opportunity comes with full study support, company discounts and a competitive pension contribution.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.