Management Accountant | Engineering | £35,000 - £45,000 | Derby
Macildowie Finance are currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for an Engineering Business based in Derbyshire with a local presence.
This Management Accountant job has the potential to progress over time. You will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in the production of management accounts, budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting to deliver insight and support, working closely and building deep relationships with the Group Finance Department.
So what is the job?
The role will oversee the general day to day running of the accounts department and you will report directly to the Finance Director.
- Deliver timely and high-quality month end management accounts
- Preparation of Annual Budget
- Liaise with Statutory auditors
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals and HP schedules, Intercompany Reconciliations
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Produce weekly and monthly management information in a timely manner as required by senior management
- Reconciliation of debtors & creditors
- Liaising with other non-finance departments
- Continued development of reporting
- Responsible for a small team of finance staff, ensuring clear guidelines of job responsibilities within the team
What are you like?
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualification experience
- Experience in a distribution, wholesale, retail, FMCG or manufacturing industry
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Advance working knowledge of MS Excel and Sage 200 is essential
- Proactive and practical attitude to continuous improvement of function and systems
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team
You will ideally be ACCA/CIMA qualified. You will have 2/3 years experience working a Finance Team, excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in budgeting and forecasting with strong organisational skills. You will have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issue and drive actions quickly. A strong team player ethic is important, as well as a strong background with computer and accounting packages including Excel.
Package - £35,000 - £45,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call/email today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.