Management Accountant | Nottingham | £36,000 - £40,000
Macildowie is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Nottingham based business that has grown significantly over the last few years. You will play a key role in the business.
This Management Accountant has the potential to progress over time. You will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. The role will involve; production of Financial Reporting, Management Information and Co-ordination of Budgeting and Forecasting activities, reporting to deliver insight and support senior stakeholders with decision making. Working closely and building deep relationships with the Financial Leadership Team and Executive. This role has a small number of direct reports.
So what is the job?
- Reviewing the integrity of the Assistant Management Accountants work in preparing monthly management accounts for all areas of responsibility, highlighting areas of concern for the business
- Completion of monthly analysis of all balance sheets
- Ensuring the integrity of all balance sheet reconciliations and reporting, and providing a full analysis of all unexpected balances
- Identifying areas for potential improvements in the balance sheet position and working with relevant finance manager in the business controlling team to ensure the optimum balance sheet position is understood and achieved
- Assisting the Business Controlling team in the completion of the annual budget for all allocated areas of responsibility
- Ensuring that all reporting is compliant with all relevant accounting standards
- Liaising with auditors on areas of responsibility and provide prompt and accurate responses to all queries
- Where applicable, manage and develop the role of the AMA, conducting regular reviews, driving excellent performance and professional development within the role
- Manage and develop the role of the Assistant Management Accountants, conducting regular reviews, driving excellent performance and professional development within the role
- Continuous improvement of content and presentation of analysis and routine reports to ensure the quality of the information prepared and presented
What are you like?
- A qualified or partially qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong academic background
- A background in manufacturing
- High level of attention to detail and an ability to work quickly and accurately
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and SAP(Not essential)
- Good communication skills with ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
Package - £36,000 - £40,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Will a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973832394
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.