Management Accountant | Nottingham | £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Macildowie are currently working with a Global Electrical Company based in Nottingham. They are consistently investing in their organisation and they are now seeking a high calibre Management Accountant with a strong technical understanding to join their team.
The role is being recruited because of a series of internal moves as well as continued business growth. Reporting into a Finance Controller this role will have the following duties.
What is the role?
- To monitor price variances and manage stock reports.
- Approve weekly management accounts, ensuring that checks are conducted.
- Support in the monthly production of client financial review reports and presentations.
- Assist in ensuring invoices are raised accurately.
- Ensure continuous development of the portfolio's finance model.
- Provide insightful and accurate information to all users of the Finance Performance Reports.
- Produce weekly financial KPIs in line with the business control manual and assist in analysing and explaining the variations in KPI, budget and forecast performance.
- Assist in the production of monthly outlooks, annual budgets and forecasts as required.
- This business reports into a Plc, so has fairly tight reporting and forecasting deadlines at month-end.
So who are you?
- Comfortable with both Financial and Management Accounts
- You'll be used to working in a fast paced business and you will thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities.
- You'll love taking the initiative and at times, being autonomous. You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- It goes without saying that you will be highly IT literate with a good understanding of MS Excel
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation
- Come from an SME background.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) (Ideally - but not essential - your experience is more important)
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.