Management Accountant - £30,000 - £35,000 - Nottinghamshire
Are you an ambitious Accountant looking for a role where you can make a real difference? Are you someone who loves to tinker with systems, to improve reporting and processes? Do you love faced paced environments and companies who are constantly striving to improve?
If so, then this is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in a retail driven business, with strong mentoring and development from a highly experienced CFO.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Deliver a timely and accurate period end process including posting of journals, management of accruals and prepayments and maintenance of fixed asset register
- Produce monthly management accounts and board packs with commentary
- Complete key monthly balance sheet reconciliations, systematically raising control issues to ensure their appropriate and timely resolution
- Maintain monitor of daily cash movements and complete monthly cash and P&L reforecasts
- Prepare annual store and head office budgets
- Complete year-end financial accounts with full data pack for the audit and act as primary point of contact with the auditors
- Prepare year-end tax pack and liaise with advisers to ensure timely submission to HMRC
- Become the finance system superuser for the business and work with the CFO and IT team to system to resolve issues and to drive continuous improvement
There is a genuine opportunity to have an impact in this role. Ideally, you will be someone who loves to make improvements. This might be through making month-end more efficient, or it might be that you love playing around with data to produce meaningful insight that can lead to business improvements and help to drive growth.
In order to be successful, you will be someone that is a fully qualified accountant or at least studying towards your professional papers. You might even be a highly experienced QBE, who is looking for a new challenge.
Either way, your technical accounting skills will be strong and you'll be able to demonstrate knowledge around ERP systems improvements. Excel will be a tool that you can use to it's fullest potential and slicing and dicing data will be second nature to you.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, then apply today. Let's talk.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.