Market Research and Insights Manager / £35,000 - £44,500 DOE
Are you an Market Professional with a keen interest in data?
Do you enjoy offering solutions based on data analysis?
Macildowie are currently working in conjunction with a great business in Coventry who are looking for a Market Research and Insight manager to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
The role requires an experienced market research and insight professional who can contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the organisation by providing high quality, robust market research and timely delivery of analytical insight to support decision making and external communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver projects against a market research calendar and plan and conduct market research, both qualitative and quantitative, (using the full range of market research methods as required) to provide competitor/benchmarking analysis, and insights into brand and market perception. Â
- Source, brief and commission market research by external agencies where appropriate, ensuring activities are delivered on time, within budget and in line with the market research brief.
- Manage a range of market research projects including campaign and creative development, brand perception, competitor monitoring, tracking tools and audience profiling. Collaboratively develop and writes high quality questionnaires and discussion guides, gathering inputs and stimulus appropriate to research objectives.
- Conduct and lead focus groups with internal and external audiences when required.
- Utilise brand tracking and other subscribed data sources and identify key insights actions.
- Integrate competitor, sector and consumer trends into analysis and recommendations
- To provide advice, guidance, and training to colleagues on appropriate market research techniques, tools and data for evaluating the success of marketing and recruitment activities.
- Working with colleagues across the Group to gather data to collate analyse and interpret information to support business recommendations/decisions.
- To collate, analyse and interpret information from a wide range of secondary data to provide market intelligence updates and support business decisions.
- To work closely with specialists in the Planning team as required.
- The post holder will be required to support the delivery of events, which may fall outside of core working hours i.e. evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be:
- First degree in relevant subject area or equivalent level experience.
- Experience of working in market research, collating, analysing and presenting data and recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of market research methodologies and techniques, with evidence of flexing approach to meet research objectives
- Experience of using multiple online or third party data sources for research development.
- Experience of questionnaire design and using sophisticated questionnaire design/analysis software.
- Highly numerate with experience of analysing large and complex datasets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to make recommendations based on analysis and to report on data in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Good IT skills and ability to present analysis in creatively engaging and attractive formats.
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborative team-builder and team player.
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to work - may involve some evening/weekend working and travel in the UK and overseas.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.