A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within a medical environment, based close to Nottingham City Centre. The role is working full time as an administrator. A varied, challenging and dynamic role. You will be a critical member of the business support team ensuring all files and records are accurate, up to date and accessible to all relevant departments.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the Medical Records team, you will be responsible for:-
- Ensuring the filing of pathology, blood and x-ray reports, (and all other information) is completed on an ongoing basis so that full information is at hand when required
- Preserving the archiving and safe storage of medical records on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring computerised records are updated on a timely basis with all relevant information
- Assuring patient notes are tracked correctly using appropriate methods and ensuring all other hospital departments adhere to this requirement
- Guaranteeing medical records are available at all times for both outpatient clinics and inpatient admissions, in advance of patients' appointments
- Inputting data accurately and efficiently
- Keeping patient records confidential
- Carry out any other Administration duties when required.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous medical records/healthcare experience and knowledge of relevant patient information
- Excellent IT skills, including word processing and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within an administration position
- Knowledge of NHS internal systems
- Ability to work under pressure
Opening Hours are Monday to Friday 7.00am to 7.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm.
These hours will be on a rota basis.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.