Macildowie are currently recruiting for a Medical Secretary for a client based in Nottingham. The main purpose of the role is to provide administration and finance support to Head of Operations. They must be confident and flexible with excellent verbal, writing and IT skills. Knowledge of NHS primary care is an advantage but not essential. The role is working full time, Monday - Friday and on a permanent.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and send Travax subscription renewal invoices via Wave each month; chase overdue payments; send VAT receipts; keep payment spreadsheet updated so Janet has a record. Set up/amend new users and delete users that have left the practice; keep Travax section of FileMaker updated with any changes.
- Arrange dates and facilitate the monthly team meetings, the annual LMCs meeting in London and meetings between staff and suppliers both on and off-site.
- Update records as and when needed; provide suppliers with monthly updates to the database
- Experience of working in administration or finance
- Excellent verbal, writing and IT skills
- Flexible approach, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills, able to forge good working relationships
- Able to work as part of a team and adopt a 'hands on' approach
- Full Drivers' Licence with access to own vehicle
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Typing of general letters/referrals
- Reviewing and actioning emails sent to the surgery's generic email address.
- Management of worklists on NHS e-referral system
- Expediting hospital appointments and chasing of results.
- Answering the telephone to patients, relatives and other healthcare providers.
- Actioning tasks sent by the doctors/nurses/HCAs
- Dealing with insurance/legal/medical reports
- Booking of hospital transport/emergency ambulance requests
- Managing home visit requests
- Dealing with post including going to post box/post office.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.