I have a fantastic opportunity for an Operational Buyer to join a large company in Derbyshire
Our partners in Derbyshire are looking for an experienced Operational Buyer to join a busy team responsible for over £100m of spend.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading operational Procurement activities which will result in delivering strategic and tactical procurement strategies for the account, customer and business
- Maintaining and creating relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Ensuring a prompt response to customer enquiries
- Contributing to improved stock turn overall via negotiation of reduced lead times and batch sizes where appropriate
- Working with the inventory / Expediting team to resolve problems in the most efficient manner
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience in a Buying role is essential
- Proven stakeholder engagement and relationship management experience
- IT skills are required, including Microsoft Excel & Word. Lotus Notes is the communication network used. Knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously
If this role is of interest to you then please call Gareth Chapman on 07766 508826 or email him on
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.