About Our Client
Our client is on a steep Growth journey; following a recent injection of investment, the company is proud to be partnering with their new investors to forecast and deliver further returns and grow their core business and expand their product range and market presence.
With focus on both traditional accounting and operational analysis, the finance team is integral to the strategic evolution of the company. The aim is for the team to deliver a best-in-class service internally and to their customers.
The finance team has recently been evolving and we have recruited several new roles to bring new skills and experience into the team to build a stronger and more sustainable structure. They are now ready to start considering some options for someone with manufacturing and international accounting experience to lead the team but most importantly assist in growing the business and meeting their growth aspirations.
About The Role
* This role will be newly created, to work closely with the MD and lead the Finance function, whilst driving further delivery from the Operations Finance team.
* Traditional accounting responsibilities will include prompt generation of annual accounts, month end reporting pack and generation of various other financial analysis. They are aiming to optimise the audit and month end processes to enable to deliver reporting within tighter deadlines through good preparation and close co-operation between team members.
* Outside of month end duties will when the role comes to live. The exciting elements will be part of driving the Strategic plans; working with the Senior Management and Leadership team to map and drive the plans for new product launches, assessing and improving the efficiency of production, identifying synergy and streamlining across the Group, exploring new markets to invest in growing revenue and working with the wider functions to support with improving key areas within Marketing, IT, Procurement and Supply Chain.
* It is very likely that the role will lead to a Director role with Equity attached, so they are very keen for someone to join them and not only become part of the journey, but an invaluable member of the Leadership team for the future.
About Who We Are Looking For
* We are looking for a highly articulate, self-driven, results-oriented person with a clear focus on accuracy, quality and strategy. Whilst being a great team member, you must also be independent, resourceful and demonstrate leadership qualities which are supported by experience.
* A drive to improve existing processes/practices rather than accepting the status quo is an imperative quality.
* We're looking for a Qualified Accountant who has a minimum of three years post qualification experience working within a Manufacturing / Operations organisation, ideally with international trade experience.
* A solid understanding of Costing and Pricing will be key and experience in practice as an audit manager (audit senior as a minimum) at a top tier audit firm would be desirable. Financial accounting experience and exposure to year-end audit processes in industry would be advantageous.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.