My client is a multi-national manufacturer and provider of medical technologies for the health care industry. Based Ashby-de-la-Zouch, they have become one of the market leaders within their sector. They have undergone rapid expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a dynamic Supply Chain & Logistics Controller to add to their growing team.
Responsible for facilitating of all aspects of UK warehousing & distribution operations including materials demand planning and directing 3rd party warehousing activities. The role requires: active involvement in new product introductions with respect to demand management and forecasting, developing efficiencies in the materials area in line with lean principles, maintaining an up to date supply chain VSM and executing on future state efficiency opportunities, providing support and advice to customer services and the central logistics teams
- Coordinate UK warehousing and logistics operations across all business units.
- Manage the 3rd party warehousing provider.
- Maintains an up to date current state supply chain VSM and executes on future state efficiency opportunities.
- Set goals in safety, quality, delivery and cost and help develop and implement plans that optimise cost, inventory and service levels.
- Maintain and develop stock programs.
- Analyse/adjust inventory levels to coincide with lead time changes.
- Develop and verify metrics in support of key performance indicators.
- Assist in root cause inventory discrepancy analysis resolution ensuring effective closed loop action process in operation.
- Verify orders and communicate requirements to the Supplier. Undertake daily reconciliation of receipts with the supplier and ensure timely resolution of all receiving discrepancies.
- Ensure all Logistics tasks are acted on in a timely accurate manner and according to the current process in order to meet customer and operations lead-time requirements.
- Generate reports and maintain metrics to measure warehouse and supply chain performance ensuring SLA's are met.
- Collaborate with cross function customers (Commercial Operations, Finance, HR etc etc) and external partners to drive operational excellence.
- Coordinate and implement Hill-Rom standardised best practice methods, tools, and technologies in supply chain, distribution and planning.
- Become fully proficient in ERP systems (SAP & JDE) and that of the 3PL, become proficient in Purchasing and Warehouse, and Shipping transactions.
- Coordinate Cycle Count activity and inventory reconciliation activities are maintained.
- Ensure all Quality and Regulatory compliance measures are met within global guidelines.
- Adhere to warehouse safety policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3/5 years' experience in fast-paced logistics/warehousing/distribution operation.
- Fully versed in SAP, ERP, JDA, RedPrairie; or has similar WMS experience.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications are preferbale, not essential.
- Experience of managing SLA's and setting KPI's for a 3rd party warehouse.
- Experience and knowledge of External Logistics provider management. Working knowledge of Shipping / Export / Customs Clearance is advantageous.
- Understanding of ISO9001 & ISO13485 Medical Device distribution requirements and GDP.
- BSc Hons in Supply Chain Management, or equivalent, is preferable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within Logistics & Supply Chain!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.