Macildowie is pleased to be recruiting an experienced Operations & Logistics professional to undertake a newly created position with a Leicester based organised.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Coordinate UK warehousing and logistics operations across all Business Units. Monitor performance and develop corrective actions to maintain acceptable levels of performance.
* Set goals in safety, quality, delivery and cost and help develop and implement plans that optimise cost, inventory and service levels.
* Inventory : Maintain and develop stock programs. Analyze/adjust inventory levels to coincide with lead time changes. Monitor daily order activity and take appropriate action so that service commitments are met, and customers are kept informed of the status of their orders. Develop and verify metrics in support of key performance indicators. *Assist in root cause inventory discrepancy analysis resolution ensuring effective closed loop action process in operation.
* Verify orders and communicate requirements to the Supplier. Undertake daily reconciliation of receipts with the supplier and ensure timely resolution of all receiving discrepancies.
* Ensure all Logistics tasks are acted on in a timely accurate manner and according to the current process in order to meet customer and operations lead-time requirements.
* Generate reports and maintain metrics to measure warehouse and supply chain performance ensuring SLA's are met.
* Collaborate with external partners to drive operational excellence.
* Coordinate and implement best practice methods, tools, and technologies in supply chain, distribution and planning.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Significant experience in fast-paced logistics/warehousing/distribution operation
* In-depth knowledge of key warehousing, distribution, logistics and inventory control processes and current best practices.
* Knowledge of import/export requirements and regulations.
* Experience in a similar role with a higher-level qualification in Logistics or Materials Management or similar.
* Strong analytical ability along with excellent communication skills.
* Confident in dealing with colleagues at all levels and external suppliers.
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
* Able to work in a changing, dynamic environment, where a need to adapt to change easily, show flexibility, prioritisation, organisation and time management skills are a pre-requisite.
* Experience and knowledge of External Logistics provider management.
* Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and manage own work effort.
This role will offer a salary of up to £45,000 depending upon experience
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.