Macildowie is pleased to be partnering with a market leading organisation as they look to recruit an experienced Operations Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will take responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of all operational activities, including logistics, customer service and commercial negotiations.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Management for all aspects of supply chain, warehouse and transport including budget spend.
* Manage third party commercial agreements and negotiate contracts for business use, including Utilities, Company Cars to achieve best pricing
* Identify new and complimentary revenues streams in line with company wide growth plans
* Identify and implement improvements to operational performance and efficiency's to maximise profitability whilst maintaining quality and service levels
* Develop growth strategy in line with company plan and direction
* Review latest technologies to ensure the business is future proof and relevant
* Coaching and mentoring direct reports, whilst creating a culture of inclusion, collaboration and success
To be considered for this role, you must be able to display the following skills and attributes:
* Previous experience within a large or complex logistics business at a senior level
* Able to work across multiple divisions, to include Supply Chain, Warehousing & Customer Service
* Ability to work strategically at an Executive level with the gravitas to influence change
* Demonstrable knowledge of cross functional business process
* Strong people management skills including Senior Managers
* Strategic thinker with commercial acumen
* Ideally Six Sigma trained
* Computer Literate and familiar with modern WMS
* Personable with strong interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business, already a market leader in their field as they embark on their next phase of growth. This organisation is part of a large US corporation, and as such has ambitious plans to expand into Europe as well as investment in their own brand product lines.
In line with the seniority of this post, the remuneration on offer is a salary of £75,000 - £80,000 plus Bonus, Company Car, Company Shares, SAYE Plan, Pension, Healthcare and Life Assurance.
If you believe you meet the above criteria, please do furnish me with your details asap.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.