An exciting opportunity has presented itself in the Northampton area for an Operations Manager. The role will be to deliver end to end supply chain solutions for all customer requirements in the most effective manner. To control all transport, warehouse and manufacturing operations, through the empowerment of the management and supervisory teams
- To be the focal point for all aspects of delivery to the customer from order capture to delivery.
- To ensure the companies premises form an integral part of winning business tenders based on the customers experience whilst on site. This to include housekeeping & hygiene, full location control, stock rotation and demonstrable methods of accurate receipt and despatch.
- To assist in budget composition for each operational division to assign accountability to each department.
- To review ways of engaging with all staff to achieve maximum potential, including reward mechanisms.
- Co-ordinate succession planning and development
- Review all cost to serve matrices for each customer to ensure validity with the Group Commercial Manager.
- To work with the key managers in achieving the highest Health and Safety standards.
- To promote team work for a "get it right first time" attitude, through audit, observation and corrective action against agreed site processes and procedures.
- To work closely with the SHEQ Manager to ensure the operation use existing forms and documents and to justify the use of new forms into the site quality control system.
- To ensure Health and Safety Legislative requirements are fully applied through regular audit, training and communication and carrying out work place risk assessments.
- To ensure all mechanical and electrical equipment is fully maintained and operational at all times.
- Control all planned maintenance
- Good influencing, persuading, negotiating
- Good understanding of budgetary and financial control
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Sound problem evaluation and solution skills
In return, the company are offering:
Salary: £40,000 per annum plus bonus
Pension: 5% - matched contribution by company
Extremely Flexible Shift Pattern
Location: Northamptonshire area
If you are interested in this position, please contact Ashley Bane on 07595070756 or email:
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.