Operations Manager 50-60k + bonus + car allowance + package
Established for 30 years, this manufacturing business is not only a leader in its field it has a fantastic future ahead of it. To capitalise on that they are looking to speak to an operations manager who can lead them on that path and someone who has the ambition to hold the top job of MD not too far down the line.
As a key member of the senior management team, you will also be jointly responsible for contributing toward the achievement of the company's strategic and operational targets and overall business aims. You will be ambitious to further your career and responsibilities within the Company and recognise the importance to your earnings potential of delivering shareholder return.
Reporting in the board, the Operations Manager will be responsible for achieving the Company's sales turnover, on time delivery and profit targets by managing the internal functions in the most efficient manner to ensure that the operations can meet the targets and expectations of the Company sales budget and beyond. ARP stated aim is to permanently drive down its delivery lead times to ensure that the Company remains the most efficient, reliable and service driven in their market.
For any further information on the role or company, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below. This is a fantastic chance for a senior manager looking to make that step up or a current opps manager ready to put a stamp on this business.
Client is ready to interview immediately for this role.
Main Duties as set out by my client
Ensuring that orders are manufactured correctly, within defined cost structures and delivered on time in accordance with customer specification and quality requirements.
- Communicating with all relevant people/departments to closely co-ordinate the design, production, and warehouse teams to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved.
- Interacting with ethe sales function to help them manage the customers' expectations.
- Oversight of scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and
- on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively
Contract Review /Capacity Planning
- Monitor and review production progress against deadlines to ensure on time delivery
- Monitor and review manufacturing operations to ensure correct quality standards
- Ensure that all production related activity optimises the resources available to be most time and cost efficient /effective
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained and repaired within a planned schedule
- Ensure production quality processes, equipment being used and the working environment are all conducive to producing a high quality product.
- Monitor production activity to ensure that the appropriate manufacturing methods are employed and that sufficient due care is taken in order to meet quality requirements, whilst recording data to verify the same in the future
- Ensure that both goods inward and distribution are well organised to sufficiently support production and the financial goals of the business
- Ensure incoming product is processed and managed appropriately according to company procedure
- Manage a system to monitor and communicate with the supply chain to eliminate the impact of any supplier delays
Staff Training & Development
- Establish goals and objectives for the team and implement accordingly to help support/ improve job performance (experience, ability, competence)
- Be aware of and promote manufacturing best practice and performance standards
- Develop, monitor and drive improvement in performance standards
- Identify individual training needs and implement, monitor and review training and development plans
- Monitor, review and address personnel under performance, whilst identifying and nurturing possible future higher achievers
- Conduct and record annual performance appraisals
- Ensure that the appropriate systems and processes are in place to measure, manage and report staff performance and to coach and develop a high performance workforce
- Achieve the Company's on time delivery target
- Control all associated operational and manufacturing costs in line with budget
- Develop and implement operational improvements
- Ensure non value added activity is reduced in all manufacturing processes
- Implement manufacturing improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, increase throughput and minimise costs
- Harmonise short run intermittent labour demands with labour availability
- Develop a high performance workforce
- Promote and uphold company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, continuous improvement, housekeeping and work ethic)
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.