Macildowie HR is currently working with a European division of an International business, with clients such as Apple and Microsoft, to hire a stand alone HR & Payroll Assistant/Manager for their Leicester office.
The role has both a strategic and operational side to it and you will be managing and leading the current HR function there. You'll also be responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff, as well as looking at what aspects can be improved in the process. There will also be an element of talent planning, as you'll be looking at ways for managers and their employees to develop. You'll be representing the HR function at various meetings where you'll provide feedback and suggestions on how to improve in general.
The role goes much further than this though; you'll also be accountable for complying with and improving health and safety aspects on site and also maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships. There will also be an element of implementing new policies and procedures to improve and maintain the quality this employer strives for. The opportunity exists to look at current employee wellbeing offerings and develop these further. This really is a great all round opportunity to join a fantastic employer.
They are looking for a skilled professional with payroll expertise. Ownership includes all elements of payroll; from inputting data, audit, processing, HMRC submission and notifications, payroll reconciliation and BACS processing.
Process monthly payroll on the payroll system to set deadlines, including Additions, Deductions, Pension auto enrolment, PAYE, Reports, Payslips, P45's, P46s etc. Ensure the correct calculation and processing of statutory payments such as SSP, SMP, SPP and all other statutory payments that may arise.
Carry out checks and controls with HR data and Payroll system to ensure accuracy of payroll data. To process year end tax returns for payroll (P60's, P11d's and Class 1A National Insurance).
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE VACANCY
- For this role, you'll need to be qualified to at least CIPD Level 5 or have the equivalent work experience.
- An up to date knowledge of the current UK legislation is vital as you are leading the function. Someone from a HR Generalist background is essential for this role and you need to be able to show experience in doing: policy creation/amendment, employment relations issues, recruitment process and managing a HR database.
- The client needs someone who has previous management experience, and can manage their own time and their teams' time efficiently. You'll need to be a skilled influencer and have a genuine desire to really improve the company and employees.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory payroll obligations such as SSP, SMP
- Experienced in using Sage payroll software is essential
- Auto-enrolment knowledge and working experience is essential
If this is sounding like the right role for you then please apply or get in touch for more information, these sorts of roles don't come around often and the client is keen to interview soon!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.