Our client, an exciting growing Nottingham business with a base in the city centre, is seeking a Payroll Manager with the ability to run three payrolls start-to-finish and deal with all employee queries and changes.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Punctually processing the Weekly Payroll whilst maintaining accuracy to a high standard.
- Punctually processing the two Monthly Payroll's whilst maintaining accuracy to a high standard.
- Vigilantly checking payroll/s and all other ad-hoc work requested before submitting for review
- Checking of expenses paid through weekly payroll to the company expenses policy
- To ensure payroll procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Administration of starters and leavers
- Administration of current employees - SSP, SMP, SPP, AOE, & Student Loans
- Ensure all manual records are kept up to date
- Effective communication and liaison with both internal customers and external bodies such as HMRC, Pension Advisors, Child Support Agency and local Councils, etc.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and payments of PAYE & NIC
- To ensure monthly pension payments are paid over on time
- Ensure we adhere to HMRC RTI scheme
- Ensuring the company's Auto-Enrolment and Company Pension schemes are calculated and paid over in accordance with the deadlines.
- Processing and reconciliation of Payroll Year End - P60, P14, P35
- Completion of annual P11D's
- To resolve queries in a timely manner
- Recognise issues and escalate where necessary
- Provide support and guidance where appropriate
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- You must have previous experience within Payroll and be confident with the process from start to finish.
- Relevant payroll experience and the ability to identify and implement improvements.
- Experience of Sage Payroll Professional desirable
- Good IT skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel.
- Understanding and awareness of the Payroll Process, Legislation and procedures and the competence to manage self effectively.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to organise one's work to ensure deadlines are met
- You must exercise total discretion and confidentiality due to the nature of the work and the records and data being viewed.
- A flexible approach, professional manner and a willing attitude and the ability to work under pressure are essential attributes.
- Good organisational skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- You will need to have some knowledge of payroll, very strong organisational, communication and administrative skills, together with strong Excel
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.