Payroll Officer required.
Macildowie are delighted to be working in partnership with one of the regions destination employers. They are looking to recruit a Payroll Officer to join their business on an initial 8 month contract. The Payroll Officer plays an integral role within the team having responsibility for their designated payroll run.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for the end to end payroll process supporting the team whilst they implement a new payroll system. You will not be involved in the project - you will be running the transactional side to allow other members onto the project. Your duties will include:
- Punctually process Payroll/s whilst maintaining accuracy to a high standard.
- Vigilantly checking payroll/s and all other ad-hoc work requested before submitting for review.
- Maintain an organised system of outstanding and completed work, to ensure that all key tasks can be covered and completed by other team members in the event of absence and providing complete and detailed handover at appropriate times.
- Work effectively and in a timely manner to ensure all statutory deductions are made and paid on time.
- Ensure full adherence and compliance with all payroll processes and statutory legislation together with company and departmental regulations.
- Effective communication and liaison with both internal customers and external auditors plus other bodies such as Pension Advisors, Child Support Agency and local Councils, etc.
- Understand, operate and train new users on Time & Attendance system used to record the hours to pay employees correctly.
- Ensure that month end and year end (both financial and tax year end) are completed within the required deadlines.
- Ensure all administrative duties are fully completed within set timescales and maintain records for outside bodies for both self and team.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
This is a high volume fast paced role so you will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role. You will also have advanced Excel skills and be competent with v-lookups, pivot tables and Macro's
NB: As a result of the volume of applications we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.