Macildowie are working with one of the regions destination employers. We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Senior to join there established team. They are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals and there will be plenty of opportunity to train and up skill. As the Payroll Senior you will be an integral part of the business. You will be delivering weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll runs
The Role and your Responsibilities:
- Process the weekly, monthly and pensioner's payroll
- Reviews and input employee's time and pay onto cards, and into the payroll system via spreadsheets completed and approved by the departments' managers.
- Balance Monthly tax returns for HMRC.
- All Statutory payment such SSP SMP SPP & SAP. with information provided by Personnel
- Oversees processing of cheques and payment for payroll deduction each month such as pension contributions
- Enforces established payroll and pension related policies, procedures and regulations.
- Evaluates and develops changes to the payroll business
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Taxable benefits administration i.e., company's life insurance and income protection, and P11Ds.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files, including manual check log and reconciliation of payroll account.
- Prepare various payroll and management reports, journal entries.
- To handle all sick accruals and holiday payments according to company rules.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- An ability to process payroll from start to finish Payroll knowledge (Tax & NI)
- An ability to deliver payroll in a timely and accurate manner
- Competent user of Excel & Word
- It would also be advantageous if you currently held a payroll qualification
If you would like to be considered please apply with an up to date CV.
NB: As a result of the volume of applications we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.