Our client is seeking a Payroll Supervisor to lead a team of 6, ensuring all individual payrolls are paid accurately and on time. The role involves dealing with people from all walks of life and the successful candidate will be a customer service orientated individual with empathy and understanding.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be involved with processing timesheets particularly during periods of annual leave for team members
- Check validation reports to ensure data accuracy
- Run pre payroll checks to ensure data integrity
- Process the payroll and investigate any anomalies
- Produce and send BACS and Direct Debit files
- Send RTI files to HMRC
- Ensure receipts are received for all RTI files sent
- Investigate and resolve and RTI file failures
- Produce standard weekly reports
- Write bespoke reports as required using excel, crystal reports and our database.
- Balance to payroll to ensure payments are correct
- Monitor Direct Debit failures and ensure remedial action is taken
- Oversee debit card collections
- Ensure Pension files are produced and sent to provider
- Correct payroll errors made including over and underpayments, sending correcting files to HMRC and issuing correcting payments or recovering overpayments
- Delegate the workload to ensure all tasks are completed
- Assist with recruitment of new team members
- Provide training and ongoing support to team members including 1 to 1 meetings and annual reviews.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of running a payroll start to finish
- Empathy, understanding and customer service ability
- Experience within a fast paced environment would be highly advantageous
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.