A leading third party logistics company in South Derbyshire are currently looking for a Planning Team Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and be able to look for solutions within continuous improvements and cost saving initiatives. Managing a team of planners you will be ensuring that key objectives are met to ensure that all orders are planned against the service level agreements (SLAs) agreed with the customer.
- You will be analytical in your approach and able to identify trends to ensure improvement plans are put in place.
- Working on continuous improvement projects with the team, internally and externally, by identifying where we can add value and work smarter.
- You will be reviewing processes to ensure that maximum margin is achieved and setting your team targets around these objectives.
- Planning shifts to ensure that all KPI and SLAs are achieved within the department.
- Working with the internal network and selected partners on a daily basis, you will be responsible for building relationships with them to ensure that all issues are resolved quickly.
- Holding performance reviews with the selected partners on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for managing all service levels to ensure that any issues that arise are dealt with in line with the agreed timescales.
- Looking for cost saving initiatives and creating and implementing these into the network.
What will you be like?
- You will have come from a logistics background and be used to working within a fast paced environment.
- Experience of working closely with the customer is a key skill for this position and you will need to be able to manage the relationship with them on a daily basis.
- Analytical skills are key as you will be interpreting data and drawing reports for the management team based on the KPIs and SLAs.
- Proven continuous improvement skills are essential for the position as you will be constantly looking for ways to improve the network and looking for cost saving initiatives.
The role is working Monday-Friday primarily but you will be on a rota to be on call for the evening and weekends.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.