A leading third party logistics company in South Derbyshire are currently looking for a Primary Planner to join their team. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and be responsible for the efficient planning of orders via their own network and approved partners. You will need to be both proactive, to ensure that you are able to think ahead and plan loads to give the most cost efficient route to market, and reactive as things change daily so you will need to be able to plan for any changes within the network.
- You will be analytical in your approach and able to identify trends to ensure improvement plans are put in place.
- Working on continuous improvement projects with the team, internally and externally, by identifying where we can add value and work smarter.
- Working closely with the team you will be responsible for looking at the network plan and the actual KPI looking at ways we can improve revenue, cost and margin.
- Planning shifts to ensure that all KPI and SLAs are achieved within the department.
- Working with the internal network and selected partners on a daily basis, you will be responsible for building relationships with them to ensure that all issues are resolved quickly.
- Responsibility for managing all service levels to ensure that any issues that arise are dealt with in line with the agreed timescales.
What will you be like?
- You will have come from a logistics background and be used to working within a fast paced environment.
- It is essential that you have a flexible working mind set to allow you to adapt to the different situations within the network.
- Experience of working closely with the customer is a key skill for this position and you will need to be able to manage the relationship with them on a daily basis.
- Analytical skills are essential as you need to be able to understand and interpret different forms of data.
- Proven continuous improvement skills are essential for the position as you will be constantly looking for ways to improve the network and looking for cost saving initiatives.
The role is working on a shift basis (any 5 of 7) working 9 hour shifts between 8am and 7pm (weekend work is on a rota basis and you will get 2 other days off together during the week).
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.