Macildowie is pleased to be recruiting a Procurement Manager to undertake a newly created role to be based in Loughborough. You will be joining a well known organisation as they undergo a period of transformation. You will be tasked with implementing process & strategy for the procurement activities of the organisation, ensuring best practice in all areas of the department.
* Deliver services which support a sustainable procurement strategy for the organisation and deliver procurement projects on time, on budget and develop common approaches to market through agreed commodity procurement strategies, which meet strategic objectives.
* Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
* Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships
* Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
* Manage suppliers' performance against contracts or other arrangements and to manage key relationships with their main customers.
* Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
* Analyse expenditure profiles, look for opportunities to reduce duplication and streamline processes for the procurement department.
* To plan, project manage and deliver an efficient and effective procurement service for the organisation achieving value for money and quality of goods and services, to meet legal obligations, analyse and manage risks and ensure probity, maintain project documentation and management reports
* To represent the Procurement Senior Management Team, if appropriate, on relevant internal and external groups
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* Demonstrable significant high value procurement/purchasing responsibility which shows good commercial influencing and negotiation skills.
* An aptitude for dealing with complex issues and limited budgets, reorganising priorities, and multi-tasking on concurrent projects in a frequently changing environment is essential.
* Ideally the job-holder should have full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or relevant degree or have significant procurement management experience and be making progress towards formal membership. Commitment to continuous professional development would be an advantage.
* Experience in public or regulated sector is preferred, as is knowledge of legislative framework.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional to really make an impact on the purchasing activities of this organisation. You will have complete autonomy to implement change, including robust procurement strategy and process.
Salary & Benefits
Salary of c£40K depending upon experience, plus a generous holiday allowance
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.