Macildowie are pleased to be supporting this market leading business as they seek to recruit a Procurement Manager to further strengthen their existing procurement team.
You'll be providing category leadership across designated categories of spend with a view to delivering the agreed savings targets, manage supplier performance and mitigate business risk. You'll need to be able to establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels to support the delivery of the procurement strategy.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish strong internal client and supplier relationships at all levels.
- Build professional working relationships promoting open communication and innovation.
- Lead complex category sourcing projects focusing on savings, risk mitigation, process efficiencies and controls, ensuring a cross functional approach is taken.
- Implement and maintain best practices for end-to-end management of all supplier decisions, sourcing, negotiations, financial analysis, contracting, procurement, and ongoing supplier management in your agreed categories.
- Collect and analyse data to identify, initiate and manage opportunities with business owners to procure goods and services more effectively.
- Work through the procurement processes to help the business reduce current spend levels and achieve its savings targets.
- Deliver the target savings including cost avoidance agreed on an annual basis.
A bit about you:
- Desire and ability to work in an agile procurement environment establishing and driving process adherence and challenging stakeholders where appropriate.
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to build effective internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Strategic and tactical approach to cost management, using innovative thinking to drive savings through means other than simple cost reduction.
- Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, to challenge and quickly assess validity to understand the true nature of a situation.
- Experience and confidence in contract negotiation.
- Strong numeracy, negotiation and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Experience of a supply chain for a large multi-site operation.
- Ability to reconcile conflicting demands, delivering multiple projects to deadlines.
- Confidence in working at pace and escalating issues to ensure projects stay on track.
This position is being shortlisted now...
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.