A Nottinghamshire based manufacturer is looking for a Product Classification Administrator for a newly created position within their Customs and Imports team. The role is initially on a temporary basis for 12 weeks rolling contract, working Monday-Friday.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the business within the accurate classification of products in relation to the HMRC Integrated Tariff of the UK and the Tariff of the USA.
- Provide administrative support within the accurate classification of all products.
- Understand and keep up to date with the Tariff of the UK and the USA.
- Apply all legal rules and regulations applicable to commodity codes.
- Working closely with key departments on any changes within the tariffs that can affect the products.
- Seek, gain and maintain binding tariff rulings from HMRC.
- Responsibility for completing all commodity code information on internal systems and databases.
- Maintain the Tariff database on the duty management system.
- Complete reports on a daily basis regarding Tariffs.
- Ensure all product descriptions within the database are complete and meet HMRC requirements.
- Document the Tariff classification process.
- It is essential that you have had previous experience dealing with the HMRC Integrated Tariff of the UK and the Tariff of the USA.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications is essential.
- It is desirable if you have had experience of working within a fast moving shipping environment.
- Understanding of imports and customs, moving stock and product classification is desirable.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday 8am-4.30pm on a 12 week rolling contract.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.