Macildowie is pleased to be recruiting Product Specialist for a well-known brand based in Nottingham.
Reporting directly to the Senior Category Manager, you will have the below key responsibilities:
* Creating external product briefs to potential suppliers and creating internal product briefs for wider Business.
* Creating internal sign off authorisation documents for new product purchases.
* Product selections to manage the lifecycle and performance.
* Build and maintain a plan that provides a balanced portfolio of products to satisfy all customer needs.
* Support the Category Manager to maximise entry margin in all product areas by reviewing product portfolio, sales performance, product mix.
* Managing local suppliers and ensuring they deliver to our expectations.
* Supporting the Category Manager on Group buying days and providing data for Group committees.
* Working alongside both the Merchandising and Supply Chain teams to ensure forecasting is aligned with plan.
* Working alongside the Marketing team to create launch documents for new products.
* Process, document and oversee licensed brand requests as necessary.
* To oversee and ensure frame room is merchandised with current stock and a clear plan for entry/exit of new and old ranges.
* To demonstrate a flexible approach and to undertake any additional duties as required.
* To maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times in accordance with Company requirements
To be considered for this role you must be able to display the following skills and experience:
* To have a GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
* Have similar experience in a product management environment
* To be competent using Microsoft Work and Powerpoint and be an advanced user in Microsoft Excel
* A good working knowledge of SAP or similar programmes
* To be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally
* Excellent analytical skill
* A flexible approach and attitude
* The ability to work to tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail
You must also be able to drive as the role will require some UK travel, there will potentially be European travel too, so overnight stays may be required from time to time.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing business, with an instantly recognisable brand name.
Salary will pay between £20,000 - £22,000 plus benefits
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.