PROJECT ACCOUNTANT - FTSE250 GROUP - NORTHAMPTON - £50k-£60k
Macildowie are working on behalf of a successful business in the property recruiting for a Project Accountant. As the business continues to pursue growth and new developments, the Project Accountant is required to monitor the costs and financial performance of ongoing large-scale developments.
The key duties of the role will include all "traditional" aspects of a project accountant role, monitoring cost control and continuously supporting and reviewing business performance.
The Project Accountant will act as a finance business partner to suppliers, external stakeholders and the wider network throughout the business. You will be the eyes and ears of Finance, supporting the FC and FD as well as the wider finance team across the UK.
Project Accountant - Key Responsibilities:
- Analyse progress of ongoing development and capital projects
- Daily interaction with external stakeholders as well as non-finance and on-site teams
- Managing cost approvals, payment runs, cash flow and draw-down processes
- Production of the project accounts
- Delivery of financial aspects of new business plans and appraisals
- Wider corporate and management accounting responsibilities
- Supporting project budgets and cash flow forecasts, tracking actuals vs budget.
You will have extensive contact with colleagues across the Group, so must be a strong team player and someone who can challenge in the right way, and at the right time.
Key Skills & Experience
* Relevant accountancy qualified is essential
* Strong Microsoft Excel ability
* Experience of producing consolidated accounts and MI
* A strong project accounting background within Practice or Industry.
Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and qualified accountant, who enjoys working at pace and with a wide array of different stakeholders and personalities.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.