Macildowie Recruitment and Retention have partnered with one of the UK's leading Manufacturers (Automotive) to help them recruit a Project Buyer. In order to support an exciting new range, our client are now looking to add to their growing team in Leicester.
- Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager.
- Strategic responsibility for sourcing and managing new suppliers.
- Responsible for buying high value raw materials and components.
- Working closely alongside the engineering and production teams.
- Responsible for end-to-end bid/tender management processes.
- Taking a lead on developing lasting relationships with suppliers.
- Undertaking administrative tasks such as raising purchase orders and chasing invoices.
- Oversee NPI processes.
- Continuously looking for new ways to source raw materials.
- Compile data which pertains to supplier performance.
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 3/4+ years experience within Buying/Direct Procurement.
- Worked within Automotive, Aerospace or similar.
- CIPS level 4, preferable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing, can-do attitude.
- Creative mind and a passion for product development.
- Rate: Flexible.
- Office hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Buyer to work for one of the UK's leading Manufacturers!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.