Macildowie are currently recruiting for a Architectural Project Design Manger for a market leading construction company. The Architectural Project Design Manager is responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project's design deliverables, directing and coordinating external design partners and the internal Project Design and CAD Technician resource allocated to the project.
The Architectural Project Design Manager will be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the Contracts Manager and Project Manager from the construction team, who will be responsible for managing the overall project.
The Architectural Project Design Manager will support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
Due to the nature of the role experience working with autoDESK RIVET is critical. All applicants must have knowledge of this software.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Management Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets.
- Liaise with the Commercial and Construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project.
- Manage allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist in project resource planning across the department.
- Produce structural calculations for projects and/or provide challenge to external structural designers regarding the most efficient design solutions.
- Provide technical expertise to Structural CAD Technicians to ensure best practice fabrication details are produced (i.e. welding and other connection details)
- Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner to satisfy Caledonian and CDM requirements.
- Line management responsibilities for Project Design Engineers and CAD Technicians as agreed with the Head of Technical.
- Contribute to the development of new product standards.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Be qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level, and have professional accreditation with a relevant institution.
- Be able to produce structural calculations to verify steelwork designs against British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software:
- Preferably AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software.
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
- Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.