Project Manager - Waste and Street Scene
Macildowie are pleased to be partnering with a local Council based in the Midlands who is seeking to appoint a Project Manager on an Interim basis to make a real difference within the community and ensure that the Council delivers on its environmental commitments. The role will run for around 6 - 12 months with an ASAP start.
It will be expected that the successful candidate will be required to work from the depot some of the time however, the Council has embraced agile working so will look favourably upon a hybrid working pattern. Ideally 2 days working on site and the rest from home.
To lead on and coordinate a number of ongoing and new projects in line with the Council's Corporate Values. The successful candidate will lead on two key projects for the council, Street Scene and their Waste Strategy.
- Development and delivery of both the council's Open Space, Tree Strategy and approaches to Grounds Maintenance.
- Delivery of the council's Tree and Open Space Strategies
- Work with communities to realise the biodiversity benefits associated with more 'natural' open spaces
- The project lead would also assist with management of operational delivery from desktop planning, visual assessment of sites, planting, reviewing and auditing to strategy for maintaining the development of the sites
- Working with partner organisations and the community
- Waste strategy Delivery (including working with partner organisations and the community)
- Vehicle, Route and resource review
- Implementation of the Environment Act actions
- Experience of managing projects ideally within Local Government
- Experience of working with and influencing senior management
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets and resources and an understanding of financial management procedures
- Experience of developing innovative solutions and contributing to strategic planning
- Experience of writing reports
- Knowledge of local government and how their service area relate to the broader success of the Council
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.