A wonderful opportunity has arisen for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a big brand business in Derby on a 12 Month Contract. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will play an integral role within the clerical finance division. You will be working in a stable Purchase Ledger Team and will have the opportunity to develop a career within a fast paced but supportive environment.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input of Purchase Invoices. This involves matching to estimates, dealing with queries when applicable
- Input of Overhead Invoices to our accounts system
- Posting Cash paid to our accounting system
- Reconciling supplier statements for a third company ready for the payment runs twice a month.
- Ad Hoc manual cheque writing
- Covering other staff roles when there are absences and holidays if needed.
- Compiling the daily spreadsheet for the month end close off. This will be for all 3 Companies mentioned above
- Any other ad hoc accounts duties.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The business is looking for someone with at least two years practical experience within a Purchase Ledger role.
They are also looking for positive can do people who will be business and team focused. You will be happy to support others and work to the best interests of the business.
It would also be an advantage if you are proficient in the use of Excel.
NB: As a result of the volume of applications we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.