A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a well known Engineering business as a Payroll/ Purchase Ledger Clerk. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge in Payroll and Purchase Ledger Ideally with the three way Match Process.
The role and your responsibilities:
- To work with the Payroll Officer to ensure the efficient and effective payment of all weekly paid employees by the agreed due dates, in line with current legislation and Company rules.
- To maintain and develop the Company's payroll records, procedures and systems, maintaining strict security and confidentiality regarding all aspects of payroll and associated data at all times.
- To review the Time and Attendance data, checking hours worked etc. And to produce the DPS as early as possible in the working day.
- To report the temporary labour hours worked to the relevant agencies by the weekly deadline.
- To produce the weekly headcount report.
- Assist with maintaining the weekly time-sheet - overtime, absence, holidays, shift supplements etc.
- To provide assistance to the Payroll Officer, as required, ensuring all deadlines are achieved.
- To monitor and accurately process purchase invoices
- To process invoice queries in a timely manner, using and maintaining the invoice log
- Work with other departments and liaise with suppliers to minimise supplier problems as a result of invoice queries
- Assist with supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintain adequate filing systems
- Assist General Ledger Clerk as required
- Provide cover for the General Ledger Clerk.
- To assist the General Ledger clerk to ensure both manual payments and supplier payments are made.
- Process employee expenses.
- Assist with maintaining the Cash books and payment allocation.
- Carry out adhoc requests from the Unit Controller and Financial Director
Experience sought in the successful candidate:
- Experience in computerised payroll work in an operational capacity.
- Purchase ledger experience (ideally using the three way match process)
- Good keyboard skills, competent with spread sheets and word processing.
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude, good communication and interpersonal skills.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.