Macildowie are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing business based in Northampton, known for their innovation & exceptionally high quality product. We are recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to work alongside the buyer & support with all purchasing activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the buyer in sending enquiries for raw materials & subcontract services
- Ensure orders are placed in a timely manner to maintain the supply chain
- Reporting any potential issues with deliveries to avoid disruption to production
- Liaising with goods inwards to collect delivery notes & update system
- Liaising with suppliers & subcontractors should goods be faulty
- Monitoring stock levels & subsequent replenishment if required
- Ensure any admin, financial & system related tasks are completed within given time frames
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Be adaptable & ready for a challenge
- Possess excellent planning & organisation skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure & meet tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business as a Purchasing Assistant, with a view to move into a buyer position once you have demonstrated your capabitlites.
This role will offer a salary of up to £21,000 based on experience, coupled with other benefits you would expect from such an organisation.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.