A fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join a dynamic aerospace company in Nottinghamshire.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director you will be responsible for leading, developing and up skilling a team of buyers covering both direct and indirect spend.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Management of all procurement activity/spend across the business
- Providing leadership and direction for the Procurement team to meet and deliver business operational and financial targets
- Leadership and management of a team to include regular appraisals
- Managing a spend between £40-50m pa
- Effective management of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Development, implementation and delivery of strategy for the central procurement structure
- Working closely with key stakeholders in the business to promote procurement
- Completion of regular supplier reviews to mitigate risk, drive costs down and achieve efficiencies from smart buying principles
- Management / Leadership of a team of 2 or more people
- Proven leadership and management expertise
- Purchasing experience gained within Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive or Aerospace
- Candidates will also need to have excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to build relationships
In return the company is offering:
- £55,000 - £60,000
- Plus bonus scheme
- Plus pension
- Plus other benefits
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail then please call Gareth Chapman on 07766 508826, alternatively you can email me at and I will answer any questions regarding the role.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.