Are you an experienced procurement/purchasing manager within a manufacturing environment?
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2019?
If so, I am looking for a procurement manager for a key client based in Nottinghamshire.
Reporting into the Managing director you will lead and develop the existing, high-performing procurement team, develop strategy and ensure best value for money for the business. This is operating at a senior level within the business, so if you are motivated by making a positive impact, this could be a great opportunity for you.
You will be responsible for:
- All purchasing of raw materials for manufacturing, consumables and utilities across all sites
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Analysing spend and negotiating with suppliers to improve terms
- Responsible for 3 direct reports including, leading, developing and performance appraisals
- Monitoring supplier performance through KPI's
- Planning the purchasing, sourcing and supply strategies based on forecast data
What we are looking for:
- You will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Experienced Procurement professional within a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in leading procurement strategy
- You will demonstrate strong IT skills, being proficient in tools within the Microsoft Office suite and using MRP systems
- You will have strong problem solving skills and be able to overcome challenges to achieve goals
- Ideally you will have led a small team
The role will pay between £40,000 -£45,000
If you are interested in hearing more about this really exciting opportunity please apply today, we'd love to breathe life into this for you.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.