Macildowie are currently recruiting on behalf of a successful food manufacturing company in Northamptonshire who are now looking to appoint a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician for their Technical Department.
- Responsible for quality checks on incoming materials, packaging and 3rd party finished product, confirming item complies with specification and CoA, and recording information on IFS. Reporting of issues identified to Quality Supervisor.
- To carry out routine material testing and checks, preparing samples for assessment in house and externally, collating retained and other samples.
- To review external laboratory results, reporting any out of specification results to appropriate Manager.
- To liaise with suppliers on matters such as missing documentation and late results.
- Carry out routine on line and CCP checks in all production areas, reporting any non-conformity to production and QS. Working with production to resolve issues found.
- To carry out visual inspection and ATP machine swabbing to verify standard of cleaning is satisfactory, reporting non conformities to the appropriate department for action.
- To uphold the departmental and company standards in respect of food safety, personal hygiene and GMP and to report any non conformities to the appropriate departmental Manager.
- To carry out internal audits as scheduled by the QS.
- To review, collate and record information, where appropriate, from production paperwork such as production shop orders, production sheets and quality checks and other similar records.
- To maintain departmental records ensuring data recorded is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- To assist the QS in updating and issuing controlled documents, such as line specifications.
- To assist the QS in the investigation of product complaints, foreign body finds and other potential food safety incidents.
- To be proactive in organising own workload and having a self motivated attitude towards departmental workload. Assisting the QS during periods of minimal operations.
- To maintain the lab and office work area in a clean and hygienic condition reporting any issues requiring maintenance to the QS.
- To represent the department at meetings and to liaise with other departments as required.
- Assisting in NPD projects as required.
Week 1: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
Week 2: Monday to Thursday 2.30pm - 11pm and Friday 12pm - 6pm
To apply for this fanstastic opportunity, send your CV for an immediate consideration.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.