Quantity Surveyor Lincolnshire
35-55k plus car allowances (£300 - £350 per month)
Free car parking ( They are Lincoln Central )
Hybrid working options
Who does this one suit?
Don't often get this with a Quantity Surveyor role at a consultancy but they are open to looking at people who want to make the jump from contractor world and become a chartered QS.
If you are working for a main contractor OR contractor and working on the other side of the fence appeals to you then this would be the consultancy to do it with.
However if you have already chosen this path and working consultant side but would like that chance to work for who I would say are the best consultancy in Lincolnshire with certainly the best client & project portfolio, this would also be a great option to further your career.
Bit about them
Firstly, they are a great practice with brilliant projects in the local area ( as stated ) This always helps with progression as you can get stuck into an interesting and diverse ( public & private sector ) project list from day one.
The directors & senior management team are supportive and incredibly experienced in progressing quantity surveyors into senior/director positions. This for me is one of the key attributes for someone starting a new role is to know the position they come into is one they can push on from as quickly as they like.
The role as set out by the client
Quantity Surveyor to join our busy and expanding city centre office in Lincoln, supporting our clients to deliver projects in various construction sectors. You will be working on a variety of projects in a wide range of sectors including, Commercial, leisure, health and education.
- We're looking for individuals possessing a keen interest in construction with a sound knowledge of construction, whether from a Main Contracting or PQS background; who possess an outgoing / collaborative approach, to help deliver successful projects.
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Estimating and cost planning at all stages of construction
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage
- Production of contract documents
- Instigating a change process and dealing with post contract cost variances
- Undertaking cost checks and carrying out monthly valuations
- Producing monthly cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
Any background you want drop me a line
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.