Macildowie are currently recruiting for a Receptionist for a client based in Castle Donnington, to join them and develop this diverse role with responsibility for reception, security, premises/facilities coordination, cleaning & catering contracts and grounds maintenance. The successful candidate will develop good working relationships with a wide range of people. You will need to be very well organised and have excellent spoken and written communication skills.
You will have the ability to manage a varied and complex workload and also have some technical knowledge of building services with the ability to make decisions quickly. Problem-solving is an essential skill.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain visitor security
- Maintain safe & clean reception / meeting room / office areas
- To communicate H&S messages to visitors and staff
- Ensure all incoming calls are answered within minimal rings
- Maintain telephone communications system
- Meeting and Greeting visitors
- Ownership for reception area and post room, along with the associated equipment in these areas. Ensure that there is always enough stock of items required for posting, franking and enveloping (i.e. ink, labels, envelopes)
- Franking of all outgoing mail / distribution of incoming mail
- Arranging couriers
- Meeting room management (bookings and catering)
- Manage orders for stationery, cleaning products, toiletries etc
- General Admin duties
- Site H&S Coordination / communication Ensure fire alarm always in full working order
- To monitor the computerised electronic access control system
- To monitor the CCTV system and to ensure that both the CCTV and security system is operational at all times.
- To liaise with the police regarding out of hours emergency calls. On call for any alarm attendance would be preferred but not essential
- To coordinate the Cleaning and Catering contracts and ensure good office hygiene at all times
- Take direct responsibility for the working conditions and welfare of staff
- To ensure that pathways, entrances and parking areas are gritted in icy conditions
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices in conjunction with IT / H&S
- To ensure relevant H&S procedures / site guidelines are communicated to staff / visitors
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Organised and self-motivated
- Pro active
- Ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service
- Pleasant/friendly mannerism
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good IT Skills
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.