Macildowie is pleased to be working with a large organisation based in Northampton, Â as they look to recruit a Senior Buyer with experienced in the IT procurement arena.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, you will be responsible for following:
* Procurement of IT hardware and services for the business
* RFQ, tendering, negotiating and drafting contracts
* Delivering sustainable cost improvements
* New vendor sourcing and development
* Reviewing current contracts and delivering cost savings
* Engage with IT stakeholders to understand future plans and strategically plan procurement activities in line with this
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* Previous Indirect Procurement experience
* Have had exposure to purchasing IT equipment & services previously in some capacity
* Strong negotiate skills and prior achievement in cost reduction
* Able to manage a £14m budget
* Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
* Understand and absorb commercial business plans and drive procurement activities to achieve these goals
* Able to demonstrate credibility within the IT division and influence plans
This is an time to join the Purchasing team of a large Northampton based employer, as they move towards a category management system, to ensure they have a focussed and aligned approach to the procurement of services to the organisation.
This role will attract a salary of between £35, 000 - £42,000 depending on experience and comes with a number of attractive benefits.
Interviews will be held on June 28th, please do apply if you meet the above criteria as a matter of urgency.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.