A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Specialist to join a market leading organisation in Nottinghamshire
Our client has an opening for an experienced Specialist to join a vibrant team at their Nottinghamshire site who can take their career to the next level.
You will be responsible for selecting, agreeing and managing a range of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers mainly for the heavy construction plant industry. You'll develop relationships with these suppliers to deliver value and benefits to the business, the client and supply partners. Whether the supplier is providing parts, equipment or labour, you will need to ensure that they deliver a performance standard that creates competitive advantage.
- Developing, implementing and deliver the required Category Management activities for Project Operations
- Applying effective procurement practices to result in achieving improved terms with suppliers, adoption of preferred supplier structure and on time supply to demand
- Support business development activities and ensure that all supply chain risks are bounded at the point on contract and passed appropriately through the supply chain
- Liaise regularly and collaborate with appropriate members of the Procurement functions to optimise leverage opportunities
- Oversee and manage additional external plant hire contracts that may be required to ensure the clients operational needs are met and saving / efficiency targets are met within this category
The successful person will:
- Have experience and a good understanding of Category Management
- Be competent in using NEC for contracts
- From an engineering background, preferably construction or civils background
- Be a self starter that will be able to work alone and be proactive in a multi-disciplinary team within the Power business
In return the company is offering a competitive package and additional benefits.
If this is a role that seems of interest to you then please contact Gareth Chapman on 07766 508826 or email him on
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.