I am currently working in partnership with a local FMCG firm to recruit a Senior Buyer. Within this business you will receive on-going professional development from a successful team with extensive procurement experience; this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career whilst having responsibility in a position where you can add value. As Senior Buyer, you'll receive a competitive salary and autonomy in this non-corporate business - the culture here is one to be envied.
To be successful in this role you will need to have purchasing experience within an FMCG industry, and ideally have some awareness of retail or exposure to print / packaging / indirect purchasing with involvement of Far East (predominantly China) sourcing and have excellent communication skills in order to manage internal and external stakeholders.
You'll be IT proficient and results driven with strong negotiation skills, and enthusiastic and driven in addition to being a team player. A sense of initiative and the ability to prioritise is a must, as this role is a fast-paced, diverse position in which you will be operating cross-functionally.
It will be advantageous if you have had previous line management experience, as in this role you will be overseeing the work and development of 1-2 junior team members.
In addition to line management, your responsibilities will include:
* Developing and implementing global sourcing strategies, working closely with various commodity teams to ultimately reduce costs whilst maintaining quality and reliability. This will be done through a strategic approach and negotiation
* Creating and monitoring KPI's to measure supplier performance and price and ensure all agreements are adhered to with regards to timelines, quality, total costs
* Responsibility for resolving problems with regards to the above and leading the review and administration of all procurement contracts
* Work collaboratively with business units and suppliers to identify new materials and manufacturing techniques and support the supplier selection, management and evaluation processes
* Involvement with the NPD team ahead of product launches, particularly when it comes to informing them of changes of materials, prices and lead times; you'll be a pivotal part of making sure the product is ready for the launches
* Reporting and maintaining accurate records with regards to all procurement activity and analysis of risk; you'll need to ensure contingency plans are in place and overcome any issues
* Continual improvement of procurement processes across your category in order to improve efficiency and maintain the level of service and quality this organisation are used to providing.
For more information, please do not hesitate to apply, at which point candidates who fit the criteria will be spoken to in further detail about the organisation and receive the full job description. You will not be submitted to our client prior to this conversation and you can get in touch to find out more if you have any questions.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.