Macildowie is pleased to be working with a growing global leader in advanced manufacturing based in Coalville as they look to recruit a Senior Engineering Buyer, to join their busy Purchasing team. If you are a fast paced and technically experienced purchaser, looking for an opportunity to put your skills to the test and support in driving a team forward, then read on. We are looking for a seasoned buyer to partner and work with a the existing team to provide solutions and implement and recommend improved ways of working. In the day to day, you will have a hands on remit and be responsible for the technical engineering elements across the team. You will build professional relationships with suppliers to leverage commercial advantages from. Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure company projects can happen by liaising with internal stakeholders.
- Empower and motivate a team.
- Ensuring that commodities are ordered and delivered in time, reaching regulatory compliance.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements in support of purchasing.
- Stakeholder management both internally and externally.
- Conduct periodic suppliers review and supplier performance.
- Define risks and mitigation within supply chain.
The ideal candidate will have
- Significant experience of transactional and strategic purchasing.
- Engineering background from ideally within Automotive or Aerospace.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Good understanding of procurement/supply chain procedures.
- Experience of ERP systems.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Supplier negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Record of success in making continuous improvements.
- Degree and CIPS Educated.
Opportunity on offer…
This Senior Buyers role will have the chance to improve and grow a team as the long term vision is to have direct reports. A competitive salary is offered along with pension and holiday days.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.