Macildowie is delighted to be working with a growing Leicester based business as they look to expand their Purchasing function.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the following:
* Supplier selection, management and review
* Management. motivation and development of small purchasing team
* Implement procurement best practice
* Identify alternative suppliers where necessary
* Develop awareness of market trends to develop various categories
* Produce relevant purchasing forecasts, by working alongside sales to ensure customer demand is achieved
* Identify cost reductions areas and implement strategy
* Produce meaningful reports to assist in business decisions
* Work with Senior management team on negotiation strategy
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
* Previous experience in Purchasing from the Far East is ESSENTIAL
* Able to influence change and implement improved ways of working
* Previous experience in managing a team
* Introduce and manage KPI's
* Computer Literate - MS Excel at intermediate level is required
* Strong communicator at all levels
* Sound knowledge of Stock Control
* Sound knowledge of operational process and how to implement
* Must be able to travel to the Far East (1/2 times per year)
This company is growing very quickly and has significant investments currently underway. As well as a competitive salary, this company offers a great working environment, car parking and other fantastic facilities on-site.
This is a key hire for this owner-managed business, and will form part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.